Access Statement for Eastmere Cottage Self-Catering
Jean and Bernard Lane
We welcome all visitors and try to cater for all their needs, in our self-catering timber cottage next to our home. The following is a summary of our provision. If you have any specific questions or special needs please feel free to contact us by phone, letter or e-mail. The cottage annex is strictly a no smoking area.
· Barnham railway station is 2 miles away, Arundel 6 miles and Chichester 7.5 miles.
· Gatwick airport is 45 miles away, Heathrow 65 miles away
· There is a local taxi service outside Barnham station. If required, we can book a taxi for you.
· A colour brochure is available
· Bookings and enquiries can be made by phone, letter or e-mail
· We have a website with full details of the accommodation and local attractions www.eastmere.com
· You can contact us via phone 44 (0)1243 544204, or email email@example.com
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities
· On arrival at the property there is a nameplate for Eastmere House hanging on a gallows post on the north side of the road.
· There is an open single entrance for the side parking area of the cottage just west of the double entrance to the main house. Some indication of this can be seen on our web site
· The surface is level and gravel; there is space for two cars
· The nameplate and front of the main house are lit at night
· Eastmere House front garden has a flag pole with either the Union or St George flag flying
· An outside light for the cottage can be turned on from the meter cupboard in the hall
· Walberton and Eastergate villages are a few minutes drive from the cottage
· Welcome tea and coffee tray is set out on your arrival
Main Entrance & Reception
· Please knock or ring the bell at the front door of Eastmere House B&B just to the east of the annex to collect the keys. Both the bell and doorknocker are under cover in the porch.
· The cottage front door is 75cm/29.5inches wide and is always locked.
· Turn left along the corridor for the rest of the accommodation
· To the rear the cottage there is line partially under cover for drying.
· Entry can be via the kitchen or front door; access via the 74cm/29inches wide kitchen door is restricted.
Public Areas - General
· At the entrance is a large fitted coir mat, then the corridor is fitted short pile carpet
· The corridor to the bedrooms and lounge is well lit, 94cm/37inches wide with narrowing at one point to 74cm/29inches
· Corridor has a 9cm/3.5inch high step part way and is marked with a bull nose
· All accommodation is on the ground floor
· Clearance at door to living room is 71cm/28inches
· Not available
Lounge / Dining Room
· The 2 door-widths are 74cm/29inches
· 4 dining chairs with padded seats.
· The drop leaf table, 150cm/59inches by 90cm/35.5inches when open, has under clearance of 68cm/27inches.
· Depth of table knee space 19.cm.7.5inches
· 2 easy arm chairs with wings, seat 43cm/17inches high and a 2 seat settee with wings, seat 43cm high
· Clearance at door to kitchen is 67cm/26.5inches
· An information folder is available together with a box of local attraction leaflets
· There is a 9cm/3.5inch step into the kitchen and bathroom
· A large screen TV, Video recorder and DVD player are available in the lounge.
· An iron and ironing board are stored in the cylinder cupboard in the bathroom.
· No separate laundry. A front loader washing machine is provided in the kitchen
· There is a exterior washing line and a Dutch airer available under cover in the adjacent garage; tumble drying facilities are available in Eastmere House upon request
Shops and Churches
· The nearest shop is an excellent mini-market a mile away in Eastergate village. Turn right from the entrance – wheelchair accessible, limited parking close by
· There are local shops in Walberton village. Turn left from our entrance – good wheelchair access and parking here.
· There are two churches. Eastergate church, parking is difficult and access is via a farm yard. Walberton has good parking with a wheelchair accessible walk of between 100-200 metres to the entrance.
· Books, several board games and playing cards are available on request
· A limited selection of VHS videos and DVD’s are available upon request for a contribution to Leukaemia Research charity.
· The area is well served with footpaths to local woodlands and the Downs
· Details of short local walks on level ground is included in the information folder
· The gravelled area outside the annex and front garden of the house can be used for sitting and relaxing.
· There are garden chairs and a table available. This is the only smoking area
· 2 bedrooms: 1 twin -3ft wide beds - small space between; one 4ft 6in wide double - space on both sides.
· The double bedroom is adjacent to and on the same level as the lounge
· Both rooms have a double wardrobe with shelves. 5 drawer chest in the twin
· Door widths (both bedrooms) are 74cm/29inches wide – clearance 71cm/28inches
· Beds are 60cm/23.5 high but can be raised with blocks on request
· Duvets and pillows, together with all bed linen, is provided
· An upright chair with arms is provided in each room
· Fitted short pile carpet on the floor
Bathroom, Shower-room & WC [Shared)
· Door width 74cm/29inches, inward opening - coat hook on the back. Free floor space clear of door is 1m x 1m
· The shower is over the bath. It is necessary to step over the bath side There is a vertical timber grab rail to the left of the bath to assist with balance only
· Towels are provided
· The bath edge is 56cm/22inches high
· The toilet is 46cm/18inches high with 23cm/9inches space on the left, and 37cm/14.5inches to the right
· The vinyl floor is partly covered with bathroom quality soft carpet to provide a non slip surface
· Door width 74cm/29 inches, exit door to rear is restricted due to position of the washing machine
· Worktop height 90cm/35.5inches
· The electric oven door is side opening and the hob height is 90cm35.5inches
· Stainless steel sink is 90cm/35.5inches high with cupboards under
· Clearance at door to bathroom is 71cm/28inches
· Flooring is vinyl with carpet by the sink and coir mat by the rear door
· The kitchen is evenly lit with a covered fluorescent strip light.
· Fridge-freezer, coffee maker, toaster and a microwave are supplied
· A good selection of stainless steel cooking pans and utensils are supplied
· Sufficient cutlery and crockery is supplied for 4 people
· Assistance dogs are accepted. No other pets
· Mobile phone reception is generally good
· WIFI Internet service available on request
· Evacuation is via the main entrance or via the kitchen door; there is a lithium smoke detector in the hall corridor and a heat detector in the kitchen.
· We are happy to take delivery of hired equipment (please let us know if ordered - telephone number below for hirers)
· The cottage is a smoke free building (smoking is allowed in the garden)
· Trains from Barnham to Bognor, London Victoria, Brighton and Portsmouth
· Buses from Eastergate village; 66 to Bognor; 84 to Chichester
· Address: Eastmere House, Eastergate Lane, Eastergate, West Sussex
· Season of operation: Late May to early September
· Hours of operation: owner’s home is next door – usually occupied 24 hours.
· Local carers: Carers Line - 0808 808 7777
· Local equipment hire companies: Abbey Mobility - 01243 532111
· Public transport numbers: Bus and Train enquiries - 09065 500000
· Local taxis: Barnham Taxi – 01243 551753
We welcome your feedback to help us continuously improve. If you have any comments please phone 01243 544204 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Line drawing of Eastmere Cottage layout